- Cheap, easy-to-make illegal drug
- AKA . . . Meth, Speed, Ice, Chalk, Crank, Fire, Glass
"Meth Mouth" refers to the horrific damage caused to teeth, gums, bone and other tissues in the mouth of methamphetamine users. Such damage occurs very quickly and often results in complete tooth loss for the patient.
Acid within meth dissolves tooth structure causing teeth to stain, rot and ultimately crumble apart. This usually results in the need for tooth extraction.
- Plaque and Calculus Build-up
- Gingivitis and Periodontal Disease
- Rampant Decay and Staining
- Treatment is Full mouth extractions and dentures