We are always looking for ways to increase dental treatment quality and accuracy for our patients. In 2011, our practice invested in soft tissue laser technology. The Picasso Laser is a "soft tissue laser" that further bolsters our current procedures and allows us to offer more procedures inhouse rather than refering them out. Many laser procedures are performed using only topical anesthestic!
Typical uses of a soft tissue laser include the following:
- Gingival treatment for increased crown impression clarity
- Gingival treatment for cavities that are partially hidden by the gums
- Evening of irregular gum line
- Exposure of unerupted teeth
- Reduction of gingival hypertrophy ("puffy" gums, often caused by medication or in association with orthodontic treatment)
- Incision and drainage of abscess
- And many more uses!